The Road to Sweetness...

A tale of two sissies and their journey to open the Skinnie Minnie Bakeshop.

co2 neutral shopping and coupons with kaufDA.de

Monday, March 22, 2010

Soon to be...

Carbon neutral? I'm not sure if this is legit or not, but I thought it was worth a shot. If I don't hear back, I'll assume I've been scammed.

As you can see we have a new addition to our blog (that big leaf at the top of the page for those of you as oblivious as I am). It seems that all I've got to do is write a post about this program ("My blog is carbon neutral"), which was originally started in Germany by the "Make it Green" initiative. I send them a link to it, and they plant a tree this spring for us, neutralizing The Road to Sweetness' carbon footprint for the next 50 years. God, I hope I'm not still writing this blog when I'm 78.

Blogs can have carbon footprints? Apparently...

According to these guys, the average blog gets 15,000 visitors a month, making its yearly carbon dioxide emissions 3.6 kg (8 lb). This can mainly be tracked back to the immense energy usage from (mainframe) computers, servers, and their cooling systems.

Planting just one tree neutralizes that, as the atmosphere can be relieved by an average of 5kg (11 lb.) carbon dioxide every year by planting one tree.

Makes sense to me. Here's hoping it works...

~AnnMarie

No comments:

Post a Comment